URGENT help needed ! recover deleted download and time stam

fluff34567

hello all,

i am in need some desperate help of recovering some data from my phone. I had a random app download after clicking a link on facebook - i didnt install it and found it in the download section of the phone - i clicked delete.

I need to get this download and the time stamp back or find out why it downloaded...... some legal issue may result from this.

Is there any way to do this?

Phone is a samsung galaxy s3 BTW

AndyStella

Out of curiosity, what was the app? And ensure that you have unticked Settings->Applications/Security (Depending on the phone it will be in one or the other)-> Unknown Sources. Untick this.

Back to your original question, as far as I know there isn't a way to recover deleted apps, unless you have created back ups or kept a list.

Andy

fluff34567

hello Andy,

the app is actually a spam malware, that appeared as I clicked a cink on FB - i wont go into the name of the app but its dodgy!

ithe phone downloaded the app but i never clicked agree and deleted it. i have found the file when i attach the phone to the computer but i need to get a photo or screenshot of the app install / agree page ....

i want to get it back to a point where i can install or have the option to install to get a screen shot.

AndyStella

Unfortunately the onl thing I ca suggest is to do exactly what you did last time to try and get it to install, it may mean you will have to video yourself doing the actions with another phone, if it installs without asking

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom