• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

URGENT Help - 5.1 Speaker Placement - Door in the way

SD449

Standard Member
Hi There

I hope you can help with my 5.1 speaker placement.

I have a nice rectangle living rooms and have wall mounted by 50" LG tv in the center on one of the large walls.

I was then going to mount the front L & R at ear level in the corners of the room.

The problem i have is with the rears, i originally was going to but the rears in the corners at 3ft above ear level which is possible but in one corner there is a door, when open this would block the speaker but closed i assume would work fine.

The other option is to bring the speaker to the other side of the door frame. If i did this would i then need to bring the the other rear speaker in the same distance and the match up the front two?

I know this isn't easy without the inclusion of a picture but help would be greatfully received as i am trying to mount them today

Regards, Scott

ClarkVent

Standard Member
Hi There

The other option is to bring the speaker to the other side of the door frame. If i did this would i then need to bring the the other rear speaker in the same distance and the match up the front two?

Depends on your A/V Receiver. Modern receivers can correct for difference in distance by adding slight delays to the audio and changing the volume. Check your receiver's manual if yours has that option.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom