1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent...Freeview Remote Conflicts

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by gaffer51, Feb 3, 2005.

1. gaffer51

gaffer51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having a conflict using my Freeview remote and Toshiba TV remote on the same telly.

When I press the numbers on the Freeview remote it brings up all sorts, teletext volume..etc.

Are there any known conflicts with Freeview remotes and if so what is the solution?

Cheers... :)

2. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The solution would be to return your Freeview box and buy one that uses its own remote codes rather than stealing Toshiba's.

Just out of interest, which box did you opt for? There isn't really any such thing as a "Freeview remote"; it's down to each STB manufacturer to make decent remotes to go with their boxes.

3. gaffer51

gaffer51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an ALBA STB, it has its own remote but does not work correctly when I try to use it to work the STB when it is plugged into my Toshiba, I dont understand what is meant by stealing codes?

4. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By "stealing", I meant I suspect that the Alba box is sending codes that match those used by Toshiba. AFAIK, there's some kind of agreement between manufacturers that keeps their codes discrete. Sounds like the Alba box's maker isn't playing ball and is using Toshiba's codes.

Can you return the box and exchange it for another make?