URGENT - Can anyone tell me how to remove stand from a Toshiba C3030D

Sun

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just spent a couple of hours wall mounting my 37" Toshiba, it's on and looks great however the one problem is i can't get the stand off for the life of me. It just clicked on when I got it but there is nothing in the manual about how to remove it and now my tv looks silly on the wall but with a stand sticking out :(

I'd love to know how to do it!

Cheers
Sun

i dont know sorry
but pleeeease post a pic of that...:)

right, all sorted now thanks to you HSC :D

As promised though I give you the amazing levitating TV!

PICT2928_resize.JPG

PICT2929_resize.JPG

PICT2930_resize.jpg

Exact location of screws for anyone stuck like me

PICT2933_resize.JPG

Yay, much better!

Please excuse the naff stand, it's left over from the previous tv, building a new one in the next few weeks that will hide the cables more as well. It's only a small room and the 5.1 is setup for the projector but now I'm going to have to reconsider the speaker placement as the tv gets far more use than the PJ, not to mention due to limited space the tv is slightly obscuring the front right.

Thanks again HSC, I owe you a beer.

What wall mount is that mate. You got a link?

indeed I do

1 x Platinum LCD Twin Arm Tilt Swivel Wall Mount Bracket VESA (Platinum34) = £59.97

http://www.rs100.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=30_96&products_id=578

excellent item in my opinion and a really great price, very well constructed and easy to mount, plenty of adjustment can be made as well. Holds my 37" perfectly.

Attachments

• PICT2936_resize.JPG
    PICT2936_resize.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 113
thanks buddy.

When I see it I can't help but think it looks like it might snap off! seems like very little mount for a rather large TV!

You'll have to trust me it's very secure, as part of the instructions it tells you to put 25kg on weight on it to check (complete with smiley/sad face outcome diagrams). I pushed as much of my 13stone down on it as I could and it didn't budge.

Bargain I reckon.

You'll have to trust me it's very secure, as part of the instructions it tells you to put 25kg on weight on it to check (complete with smiley/sad face outcome diagrams). I pushed as much of my 13stone down on it as I could and it didn't budge.

Bargain I reckon.

If I stuck that into the walls we have here, it would just pull the wall to bits lol.

Sorry to bump this up, but I am having problems! Removing those screws has done nothing but lifted the back off a bit. not affected the stand. Need help!!!

You didn't undo the posi head screws, did you? You need an allen key to do the recessed ones, then the stand pulls out from the bottom.

I tried removing the screws shown above but nothing happend. Then removed the bolts off the bottom of the stand, leaving a massive nut and bolt. removed that nut and bolt and left a massive screw. The average person probably couldnt remove it as its quite a big nut/bolt so that cant be the way to do it!

Any advice?

I undid the 5 labelled to allow enough flexibility to pull the "massive nut and bolt" out from the case. It required a bit of force but nothing excessive. If you're having no luck post a pic of what you're seeing and I'll compare it to my tv.

I tried removing the screws shown above but nothing happend. Then removed the bolts off the bottom of the stand, leaving a massive nut and bolt. removed that nut and bolt and left a massive screw. The average person probably couldnt remove it as its quite a big nut/bolt so that cant be the way to do it!

Any advice?

The trick is to take out the screws above numbers 2 and 4 in the photo above, in addition to the other screws listed. On my TV, these screws were firmly attached to the stand and there was no way it was coming off with them!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom