1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent - bad power supply (board) for NEC 50" 50VP1 plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sergiuvlad, Mar 21, 2005.

1. sergiuvlad

sergiuvlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone

I have the opportunity to purchase a 50" NEC plasma (model 50VP1, came out about 3-4 years ago) for really short money. However, there is a catch - the TV seems to have a bad power supply/board (shuts off after 15-30 minutes, then after it cools down starts again). The current owner got a quote for $1000 to replace the power board and the diagnostic was a bad 70 volt line (anyone know what this means and if it can be fixed without replacing the entire board). While that seems a little high, I am wondering if there is a different route I can take - purchase the part myself (maybe from an NEC authorized dealer) and have a repair shop just put it in, maybe have the existing power supply fixed etc. Any suggestions, feedback on that?

Also, can I use another TVs power board if all the specs are the same (I doubt I can find a 50VP1 that is broken but with a good board, but there are others on eBay).

Any info would be appreciated. You can email me at sergiuv@hotmail.com
    as well. I am located in the US by the way.

Thanks,
    Sergiu