Urgent answer needed....

The Coda 80's are discontinued arent they?

I dont think theres much between the two, coda 80 is ever so slightly easier to drive and imo looks better. Dont like the design of the iq2c.

I'd g with coda 80 if you can find it

Cheers

Saf

EDIT: What do you have as fronts?

Last edited:
Thanks Saf
Ebay Im looking at the moment.
I am using the Onkyo HTX-22HD system and so I have the standard Onkyo fronts. Just trying to build my little system up really.

Thanks

Hi mate,

No probs. Just a quickie, i dont know how well either kef will match with the onkyo speakers.

Ideally you would want the same speaker or make of speaker accross your front three. This would ensure a tonal match accross the front soundstage. If you have different make for centre and different for left/right then as the sound passess from one speaker to the other it will not be a smooth transition.

Just something to consider mate if you didnt know already.

Cheers

Saf

Oh!!
Im new to all this home cinema stuff and didnt consider this. :facepalm:

I might get one anyway as I cant find the Onkyo centre and I need something below the TV.

Or is that just stoopid?

Oh!!
Im new to all this home cinema stuff and didnt consider this. :facepalm:

I might get one anyway as I cant find the Onkyo centre and I need something below the TV.

Or is that just stoopid?

Nah i wouldnt say the 'S' word!! Unwise maybe lol!! I dont know how they'd sound together mate tbh, they may sound ok but after buying the centre i would def look at replacing you fronts. The KEF woud outclass the onkyo speakers. Onkyo are more renowned for their amps, so i would be looking to change the left/right asap, funds permitted of course! There's also the very real possibility that it sounds fine to you and at the end of the day, thats all that matters :smashin:

Cheers

Saf

I know about these Saf, they have been discontinued I think.

Another stoopid (unwise) thing to say but I dont really want / need (so the wife says) the rears. Our little house is fine with just front stuff going on.

I know about these Saf, they have been discontinued I think.

Another stoopid (unwise) thing to say but I dont really want / need (so the wife says) the rears. Our little house is fine with just front stuff going on.

Lol! No worries mate, best of luck :smashin:

Saf

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom