• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Urgent answer needed....

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
The Coda 80's are discontinued arent they?

I dont think theres much between the two, coda 80 is ever so slightly easier to drive and imo looks better. Dont like the design of the iq2c.

I'd g with coda 80 if you can find it

Cheers

Saf

EDIT: What do you have as fronts?

Last edited:

bluechilli

Standard Member
Thanks Saf
Ebay Im looking at the moment.
I am using the Onkyo HTX-22HD system and so I have the standard Onkyo fronts. Just trying to build my little system up really.

Thanks

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Hi mate,

No probs. Just a quickie, i dont know how well either kef will match with the onkyo speakers.

Ideally you would want the same speaker or make of speaker accross your front three. This would ensure a tonal match accross the front soundstage. If you have different make for centre and different for left/right then as the sound passess from one speaker to the other it will not be a smooth transition.

Just something to consider mate if you didnt know already.

Cheers

Saf

bluechilli

Standard Member
Oh!!
Im new to all this home cinema stuff and didnt consider this. :facepalm:

I might get one anyway as I cant find the Onkyo centre and I need something below the TV.

Or is that just stoopid?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Oh!!
Im new to all this home cinema stuff and didnt consider this. :facepalm:

I might get one anyway as I cant find the Onkyo centre and I need something below the TV.

Or is that just stoopid?

Nah i wouldnt say the 'S' word!! Unwise maybe lol!! I dont know how they'd sound together mate tbh, they may sound ok but after buying the centre i would def look at replacing you fronts. The KEF woud outclass the onkyo speakers. Onkyo are more renowned for their amps, so i would be looking to change the left/right asap, funds permitted of course! There's also the very real possibility that it sounds fine to you and at the end of the day, thats all that matters :smashin:

Cheers

Saf

safcalibur

Distinguished Member

bluechilli

Standard Member
I know about these Saf, they have been discontinued I think.

Another stoopid (unwise) thing to say but I dont really want / need (so the wife says) the rears. Our little house is fine with just front stuff going on.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
I know about these Saf, they have been discontinued I think.

Another stoopid (unwise) thing to say but I dont really want / need (so the wife says) the rears. Our little house is fine with just front stuff going on.

Lol! No worries mate, best of luck :smashin:

Saf

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom