URGENT advice required

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Saxon, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Saxon

Saxon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have a chance to buy one of the following projectors and am unsure which will be best for home cinema and occasional computer use:

NEC VT540
    Infocus LT350
    Infocus LT530

Let's assume they are all around the same price I need some speedy advice from one of the experts here on which would be best as I have to move fast.

I'm leaning towards the Infocus 530 because of its brightness but gather the NEc has a phantom 16/9mode which is appealling

Many thanks in advance.

Saxon

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I'm an NEC owner, very pleased with mine. Reliable, exellent connectivity, good, filmic picture, and I dismount it and use it for work too. It will work with the rgb-vga converters, even though they say plasma only. Good for STB and non-component vid DVD players. LCD versus DLP, make your own mind up. DLP has it's own set of problems, Most choose LCD, but it's a personal thing. I saw those infocus PJ's too.