1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent advice required please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    hi,

I am currently deciding whether or not to return my AE300 PJ to panasonic for them to clear two dust blobs that have appeared.

However, I am not sure if it is worth it. As

a. The dust blobs are bound to come back given the technology

b. the courier is City Link, who in the opinion of Nexnix caused dead pixel issues on two otherwise perfect Z1's.

According to Panasonic the goods are due to be collected tomorrow morning, and delivered to them on the same day, but, city link just knocked on my door (tues PM) asking to collect the unit.
    I asked why as it was due to go tomorrow a.m on a same day delivery and he said 'nope, it will go to the depot and go overnight to panasonic'.

So are panasonic lying?

the rub is that, I am not sure how easy it is to clean the dust from the unit and I cannot locate a supplier of chemical free air.
    I am not that confident on getting it right although it does sound fairly easy.

Would you return it or clean it yourself for experience.......

Cap:thumbsdow

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Technically, cleaning it yourself will invalidate the warranty.

Not heard too much fuss about dust blobs on the AE300. The Z1 did seem to be more prone IIRC. Only real way I could see it being a problem is during (careless??) filter removal/cleaning.

I'd open her up & have a go - then again, don't think I've ever owned something I haven't "opened up" :D

Your choice as always.

:smoke:

3. gothmog

gothmog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cleaned out a couple early in my AE300's life (<100hrs), since I got mine from pricejapan I really wasn't going to pay £200 to it done :)

It's really easy to do and as far as I could tell there are no tamper seals on the case so if you are careful you should be able to do it without leaving any evidence ;)

Oh and I haven't had a recurrance since I ceiling mounted the projector and I'm nearly at 500hrs.

I'm with Kramer on the opening up thing, that's why screwdrivers were invented :D

-- Jon

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    think I would rather try and clean it myself than have the thing smashed to bits by City Link.

Gothmog, can you please tell me where you got your can of air from as most places I have found cannot state if the stuff they sell is free from chemicals...........:confused:

Thanks in advance,

Cap:smashin: