urgent advice required please..

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by fannycraddock, Sep 30, 2002.

1. fannycraddock

fannycraddock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all - as of tonight I will be without a tv (having sold my old one) but due to the popularity of the 32" Philips P+ tv I can't get one from anyone for at least 3 weeks...ideally I would like to buy this tv price matched from Lewis's but can I really live without a tv for 3 weeks...hmmmm.. I don't think so..not to mention the fact that there is a lot of back orders to fulfill before mine.

So here is the emergency question...

I've contacted prcdirect in London and they have quoted me a decent price (without the warranty - doh!) but they say they have a couple in stock in their warehouse....has anyone bought from them before? Do they have decent after sales service? Do they sell grey imports? Why do you think they have stock when no one else seems to?

Feeling nervous...should I jump...or should I wait ?

Any advice gratefully appreciated...thanks:)

2. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you still are thinking of a warranty, your best bet is Domestic and General Their cover is comprehensive and cheap (compared to other extended warranties) and they are the usual underwriter for most "Manufacturer" extended warranties.

4. fannycraddock

fannycraddock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that...I did do a search on google (not group) and found a few slanderous comments too...nothings ever simple is it?

Does anyone know of any other suppliers who have this beasty in stock...merci beaucoup..

On my way home from work to stare at the bare corner of my living room..sob:(

5. kash21

kash21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Beaker

Beaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try www.qed-uk.com, I bought my 32pw9617 from there, phone and ask when they will have stock in. When I called they were expecting 20 had sold 18 already so I got number 19. That was a few weeks ago though.

7. aa21

aa21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    personally i have to recommend prcdirect.

I just bought a sony kv28ls60 and had it delivered the next day i ordered it..no problem, no hassle..simple :)