1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Advice Req RPTV Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by yahkjr, Apr 11, 2005.

1. yahkjr

yahkjr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys and gals,

looking for some urgent advice with the following:

Bought Tosh 42WH46 RPTV last October.

January 2005 fault developed - very snowy pictures on analog signals - new tuning module fitted, which took 5 weeks.

Last week a new fault, basically the picture keeps disappearing, no pic from any source, analog, SCART and will not display setup menus - nothing at all. Pic will appear and disappear at random.

Engineer was out today and said the following:

" I think the set has a dry solder joint or poor connection. When moving cables + board (did not say which board) picture returns. This set requires workshop attention to repair and test equipment reliability.".

What I would like to know is am I being akward in telling the supplier that two faults in less than six months is not acceptable and that I want a replacement TV ?

TIA,

Kenneth.

2. stueycool

stueycool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I don't think that's unreasonable at all. I've seen people complain about less.

Give it a go and see what their response is. No harm in trying. I certainly wouldn't feel guilty about it.

Legally, they may only be required to repair it, but like I said... no harm in trying.