Urgent advice needed are Quad 21L good upgrade to Kef q35.2

toxic mango

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hello all

I have the following Denon Avr-3802/rel q subwoofer/nad c350/arcam aplhas 7se

Currently the speakers that I am using are Kef Q35.2/Kef Q15.2 and Kef Q 95.2 centre speaker

My room is 12 x 10

I can get a Quad 21l for £350/ Duad L centre for £159 and quad Q11L for £199. However will these amount to a substantial improvement over my existing speakers.

The urgency is very shops have them left. The one that I have reserved is over 300 miles aways so i cannot even demo them.

Your advice would be appreciated

Can't comment on the Kefs but the quad range are a superb speaker in build and sound quality.I have some 11L as a stereo pair in one of my setups and for the money they are an outstanding bargain.

At the prices you can get them for,(approx half their original price) you can't loose.Buy them and if you don't like them you will sell them for what you paid for them on this forum or on ebay.

Can't comment on the Kefs but the quad range are a superb speaker in build and sound quality.I have some 11L as a stereo pair in one of my setups and for the money they are an outstanding bargain.

At the prices you can get them for,(approx half their original price) you can't loose.Buy them and if you don't like them you will sell them for what you paid for them on this forum or on ebay.

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately i can only get my hands on a q21l and a centre speaker. Would other rear speakers such as kefd2ds sound fine with this ??

Thanks

As far as the rears are concerned you don't really have to match to the fronts as rears only provide ambient sound.

Its the front 3 speakers that need to be sonically matched so go for it.What colour are they by the way,mine are piano black and look stunning.

i wanted black but could only find maple

I think that the 21Ls need a better amp than the 3802 to give their best.

I think that the 21Ls need a better amp than the 3802 to give their best.

This is what I am afraid off.

I can pick up the 21L and the centre speaker for £508 but I am not keen on upgrading the denon yet. I really like the reciever and will probably get the next upgrade in about two years. But if I am not going to get the best of this set up, am I better sticking with the existing set up and saving a bit and purchase everything together in 2 years ?

You could buy a second hand stereo amp to drive the 21L's and connect it to the pre outs on the 3802.

A NAD C352 or something similar for under £200 secondhand should suffice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom