urgent advice needed 48 hrs pls

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by whats_this, Oct 19, 2004.

1. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hey guys, hope everyones well. Recently been looking into power amplifiers and found a couple of guys round the area both selling a denon avc-se1 and a rotel 1075 (the model i was looking for) respectivly.
    The thing is i can get them for the same price around 650 and just want to know what will be best as a power amp. Trying to follow a 1 time upgrade path and wass thinking in the long term. 2 x rotel 1075 with processor at later date, but now the denon has turned up so cheap am giving it serious consideration. so simply how do you guys rate an avc-se1 as a 500-700 quid second hand processor and same again as an amp
    Ps could i also use the denon with the rotel to biamp if i bought a processor.
    sorry for all the hast trying to get it all sorted before going on holiday. thanks in advance

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Thats a bit of a dilemma for you!.....if you really are just looking into power amps,IMHO,there isn,t much contest,as for me anyway,the Rotel is somewhat better...more control,better and clearer delivery etc,but of course the Denon offers a lot more functionality.

Looking to the longer term,and the upgrade path you mention,my money would go on the Rotel.

3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    £650 is a little high for a 1075 unless it's practially brand new. You should be able to get it down to £600 tops.

4. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks guys for ur help, want to get the rotel but am going to america on friday and not sure if the guy will hold it till i get back. but in the long term definatly think this is what i shall be getting. hopefully before christmas, fingers crossed. shall let u know what happens.