Urgent Advice and Help Needed

M

murkai

:) Hey! So, I'm a first-time buyer for video cameras and am rather new to the whole thing. Alhough I'm only 15, me and my friends are looking into creating series movies, preferably hosted on youtube. I have about £300, perhaps a bit more, to spend on a camera, but am unsure of which to get. I have been looking into the Sony DVD-306, but have heard bad things about the CD-writing cameras... Any help? Thanks in advance! :)

Have a quick read
here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510895
or
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366452
Another good model withn your budget is the Panasonic GS 300

If you want the best quality starting material which would also be easier to edit stcik with the minDv tape ones. The mpeg2 video from HDD or DVD are probably " almost You Tube ready" but while there is nothing "wrong" with the DVD ones , they don't offer the same scope for learning about video editing . The HDD ones are better in that but the good ones cost a little more
With the tape ones you can always convert the edited footage to any "You tube" friendly format at the end

Thanks for the reply! :) I have decided to get a miniDV camera now, but still need some more advice [sorry!]. Do you think it is worth investing in some more advanced [ie better than windows movie maker!] editing software? Any ideas on whether the Vegas 6 is good and worth the money?

As well as this, what is the ideal around-£300 camera in regards to quality?Thanks in advance for any help!

If you can still find a Canon MVX460 (an excellent value but discontinued model) that's a good choice. Or if you can find a good deal on a Sony HC96 (also discontinued).
For current models the Canon MD160, or the Panasonic GS230. If you can spend a bit more the Panasonic GS300 is very good.

Any ideas on whether the Vegas 6 is good and worth the money?...

I'm surprised Mark didn't give you a big nod there:thumbsup:..He is the man for Vegas around here. ....It is
Ver 7 is somewhat better and 8 is due later this year
For affordability and gently learning there is Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum +DVD which is about £50

Thanks for the replies guys! :D So, I have decided I shall be getting Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum +DVD off Amazon, thanks for the advice. :) Now, cameras! Hmm, I've just researched the Panasonic GS300 and the reviews don't seem too pleasing, any more ideas? Thanks so much!

It seems that what I was reading seemed to be a bit out-of-context. :) Any ideas on where I can find a place that sells the camera for about £300? I don't really want to order it from America... :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom