Urban (regeneration) colour

electrolyte

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Wikipedia said:
Park Hill is a council housing estate in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. The estate was constructed between 1957 and 1961. In 1998 the estate was granted Grade II* listed building status. Following a period of decline the estate is currently being renovated by the developers Urban Splash. It is the largest listed building in Europe.

Park Hill Flats-1.jpg by SimonButlerPhotography, on Flickr

EXIF

Certainly hits the Theme "Dead Center" Simon - love the composition too :smashin:

Certainly on my favourites list for this month :)

Jim

Jim - I thought the theme was 'Urban Colours' and not 'Dead Centre' ?
If it's the former then this photo fits the theme excellently.

:laugh:

....I actually was going to say "Spot On" but you'd probably have commented the same Para :D

JIm

There is a very similar building to me that I was considering until I saw that you had beaten me to it! Lots of lush colour although for some reason the sky looks a bit artificial to me.

Great series of shots Simon. I don't know how you chose between them!
Do you know what era the building is?
I can't work out whether it's part of post millennial apartment revival, or a well-preserved oldie.

Either way it's a great subject. It made me go back and revisit your older shots of tower blocks, etc on flickr.

Love it...simple, punchy, nicely composed.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it.

There is a very similar building to me that I was considering until I saw that you had beaten me to it! Lots of lush colour although for some reason the sky looks a bit artificial to me.

Shame, you should have taken a photo of your building.

I know what you mean about the sky. I tried to darken it using Lightroom and I can see now that I have done a half-ar**d job of it!

Great series of shots Simon. I don't know how you chose between them!
Do you know what era the building is?
I can't work out whether it's part of post millennial apartment revival, or a well-preserved oldie.

Either way it's a great subject. It made me go back and revisit your older shots of tower blocks, etc on flickr.

Thanks mate. The flats date from the late 50s - early 60s but are being regenerated now. You can see what the flats look like before the regen by looking at this photo here.

Great that they're being regenerated. They look worth it and whoever is in charge seem to know what they're doing. :thumbsup:

Great shot, the building may be old but the image is bang up to date.

I do think the sky is a tad overcooked though.

Like it!

Strangely it is very (very?) similar to something I have taken (without seeing yours!!!) but perhaps not so colourful with muted greys (including sky) emphasising the colour that is there... uncanny!

Still mulling over my possible entries (have a few that I have been working on) so watch this space. If I don'd chose that shot I'll post in the "Not Valid" section for interest/comments.

Anthony

Thanks for all the comments guys. Glad that it is going down well, over cooked sky apart of course.

Like it!

Strangely it is very (very?) similar to something I have taken (without seeing yours!!!) but perhaps not so colourful with muted greys (including sky) emphasising the colour that is there... uncanny!

Still mulling over my possible entries (have a few that I have been working on) so watch this space. If I don'd chose that shot I'll post in the "Not Valid" section for interest/comments.

Anthony

Hey Anthony, you should enter it or at least post it in the not valid thread.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom