Urban Moon test shot with Panasonic bridge camera FZ45

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Just got (pressie early) a Panasonic FZ45 to add to the bag and tonight tried a little test shot of capturing the moon. Camera on manual and took a few but limited to F8 so had to change between varied numbers and exposure times to get a good shot.

This is not bad but still a little noisy even at iso 80 when zoomed in. Pretty good bridge though have to say.......better than some of the reviews I had read if you do a bit of experimenting with the setting. :D

Urban moon 2011 by icemanonline, on Flickr

The HD video on the Panasonic FZ45 daytime is just top notch for those looking at getting a bridge with good HD video.

icemanonline

FallOutBoy

Pretty impressive shot! :smashin: what's the macro like on that camera? I know it's got a good zoom but does it also have the macro zoom like the panny TZ compacts?

shotokan101

Suspended
Not bad Andy - is that shot cropped ?

Jim

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Pretty impressive shot! :smashin: what's the macro like on that camera? I know it's got a good zoom but does it also have the macro zoom like the panny TZ compacts?

Hi Mate,

Not tried the macro yet ......been faffing about in menu's and pushing the manual settings 1st. Might give the macro a go when the weather gets real cold, maybe some nice ice shots with sun bouncing through or of the ice.

Good camera .........really good. I would say you have to read a fair bit 1st to familiarize yourself with the menu's and possibles with this unit but its worth it. Also the battery life is really good.....so far. The supplied software is not that good.

Cheers

icemanonline

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Not bad Andy - is that shot cropped ?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Just a little Jim.............to get the zoom to lock focus was a task on its own.......and the shot was of centre but filled the screen so basically straightened and cropped about 20%, then noise reduced using APE 10 at basic settings.

icemanonline

shotokan101

Suspended
Cheers Andy

Jim

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Impressive shot, did you have to do any other processing apart from noise reduction?

Just straighten the shot because it was off center a little and cropped in about 20% and that was it.

I have changed the default settings in camera and bumped the "sharpen" to +1 or Hard. But no more. Just keep the iso down and have fun. :D

icemanonline

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Hope its ok to join in with a shot of mine from my new panny, a FZ150 shot done with the EZ zoom, 1561mm EFL @ 3mp 1/160 F 5.2 ISO 100 spot metering, hand held.

sized_P1000129-1a.jpg

Mark.

shotokan101

Suspended
Very nice Mark - good to see you posting again - hope things are looking up :thumbsup:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom