Upton Marshes

AMc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a bike ride and a stroll around the Norfolk Broads this weekend.
I took a fairly uninspirational landscape, it's very, very flat but tried out a couple of Lightroom techniques I'd watched a video on and I'm quite pleased with the result.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mki + OLYMPUS M.14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ kit pancake lens
f10
1/640th
ISO 200
14mm

Various tweaks and fiddling in Lightroom to adjust for the super bright sky.

Upton Marshes

by AMcUK, on Flickr

Constructive comments are always welcome, thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Yep - love the sky but otherwise "ONNAL" ;)

Oh no, not another landscape?

Love the sky in this.

As others have said, nice sky. There's just not a lot of interest in the foreground for me I'm afraid.

It's a fair comment about the absence of a foreground subject. I've begun to "get" why some of the landscapes I've tried before feel a bit flat (insert joke about Norfolk here).
I took the shot from the top of the dyke propping my bike up with my other hand it's a grab shot rather than a planned photo. It was way too swampy to get down and try and put a post or something in the front and I would have lost the "see for miles" perspective that was the key feature.
I mainly used it to play with the techniques I'd see for lightroom but figured it was good enough to enter.

I'll post the original after the comp closes if you like so you can see where it started!

As others have said, nice sky. There's just not a lot of interest in the foreground for me I'm afraid.
Oh No Not Another Landscape! :laugh:

As we're all done here this is the SOC JPEG which I "polished" (insert your own joke here) from the RAW.
Proof that you can make some sort of container from a sows ear - I was exposing for the sky and bracketing handheld on the E-M10 is ...challenging... so I didn't bother :D
Impressed with lightroom when you get to grips with some of it :thumbsup:

P924024420170924_013 (Custom).JPG

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom