1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upthrow/downthrow heretical thought

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by IronGiant, Sep 27, 2004.

1. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,768
    My little Sony is designed to sit on a low table and throw the picture up to a screen. My two toddlers have other ideas so it now sits upside down on a shelf at ceiling height and I run it through a PC and Dscaler to flip and mirror the picture. This degrades the picture somewhat, so I'd like to get around it, but there is no option to flip the picture in the projector. Now something inside must be projecting the picture up through the lens, dare I open it up and see if I can turn it around so it throws down?
    :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

dave

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Flipping the picture for ceiling mounting in a projector is done in the electronics, not mechanically - I don't think there's anything in the mechanism that you can mechanically switch to achieve what you wantto do - you'd have to add a lens which would reverse the image, but then you wouldn't know how that would affect the final picture quality/size/focus etc.

Think you might be stuck with it..... :thumbsdow , soz....

Sean.

3. Alan Pressley

Alan Pressley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about sending the toddlers to live with a relative, until they are 21? :D

4. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    You have not stated the model of your projector I had a HS1 and if you went into the service menu you could select ceiling mount as an option, then you just flip the PJ upside down bolt ot to a wall / TV bracket and hay presto.

But it does depend on the model, you should not have to play with the interiers, do a shearch on the forums

5. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,768
    It's a VPL CX1, I'm supposed to be able to access the factory menu by pressing enter,enter,left, then up to say yes to enter it, but when I press enter, enter, left nothing happens...

Dave

6. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Yeh I thought the same thiing but when you go into the menu there are more options

7. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    A quick search of the forums found this, it is for the HS1 but may work with your model

1. Go to Factory Mode -On the Remote press (enter) (enter) (left) (enter), then (up) when it asks “do you want to enter the factory mode?"

2. Then enter the menu you will see that your limited menu now has far more sub menus.

3. Go to "DEVICE ADJUST" then "P/DRIVE" setting and press enter

4. Stroll with up or down arrow untill no.40 "OTHER/INSTALATION" setting appears

5. You will see number "0"(Which represent Floor-Front) next to it. Using Left or Right arrow on remote you can change to "1" (Ceiling-Front) "2" (Floor- Rear) "3"(Ceiling-Rear)
    I think that “2” and “3” values are if you are planning to project through the back of the transparent screen.

6. There are various other adjustments within the factory menu and you may be tempted to change them. Ignore all unless you know what you are changing, since if you trying to change wrong values you may never see proper picture again!!!

7.Exit the factory mode same way you entered.

8. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Or alternativly ceiling mount it anyway and watch while doing a hand / head stand :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,768
    I'll give both methods a go :thumbsup:
    Thanks,

Dave

10. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27

:smashin: :clap: :rotfl: ....

There's rarely a shortage of focussed technical advice on this forum, the above being a shiing example !!!

S.