Upside-down Rainbow

Moosh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Last month, whilst having the windows done, I noticed an upside-down rainbow.

It's the first time I've ever seen such a thing. I imagine the sun light was being reflected by the lower, heavier clouds onto the higher up clouds.

Cheers
Moosh

Never seen anything quite like it.. Its amazing what is out there to see

You did a good job getting it though

The exposure systems on many cameras mean that to get images of the sky faithfully can be hit or miss (..or spending a long time with photshop..:rolleyes:!)

Never seen anything quite like it.. Its amazing what is out there to see

You did a good job getting it though

The exposure systems on many cameras mean that to get images of the sky faithfully can be hit or miss (..or spending a long time with photshop..:rolleyes:!)

Cheers.

I'm don't understand the technicalities of photography so I just point and shoot. It's only recently that I've been tinkering with the more advanced features of my camera (Lumix DMC-LX1). But again, it's all trial and error! :D

And the only thing I've done to the photo is rotated it 90 degrees to the right so that you can see the view that I originally did. Again, not very good with Photoshop! :)

Moosh

Cheers.

I'm don't understand the technicalities of photography so I just point and shoot. It's only recently that I've been tinkering with the more advanced features of my camera (Lumix DMC-LX1). But again, it's all trial and error! :D

And the only thing I've done to the photo is rotated it 90 degrees to the right so that you can see the view that I originally did. Again, not very good with Photoshop! :)

Moosh

With some exception, most of us just want to shoot and get it right.. no tinkering.. No Photoshop:D
In the real world though , that happens only now and again even with costly cameras and lenses, hence "tinkering and Photoshop":D
The benefit of better cameras is that in good hands, there are very few "rejects" and mosly keepers.. Another benefit of digital is that trial and error is no longer costly!
However when the creative bug strikes the ability to tinker and use Photoshop become good to have
The Lumix is a well regarded camera though.. not just a Point and shoot;)

With some exception, most of us just want to shoot and get it right.. no tinkering.. No Photoshop:D
In the real world though , that happens only now and again even with costly camera and lenses, hence "tinkering and Photoshop":D
The benefit of better cameras is that in good hands, there are very few "rejects" and mosly keepers.. Another benefit of digital is that trial and error is no longer costly!

Exactly. My philosophy is, shoot everything and anything. Eventually I'll get an image worth posting! :rotfl:

Cheers
Moosh

Wow - that's some major updraft there. Good job you weren't parachuting into that cloud as you'd find yourself many thousands of feet higher than you wanted to be, very cold, and probably covered in ice!

Well spotted and well captured. That's how hail stones are created eh?

You should submit it to the BBC weather site if you fancy it. The do about 6 pictures each week of unusual weather systems.

Well spotted and well captured. That's how hail stones are created eh?

You should submit it to the BBC weather site if you fancy it. The do about 6 pictures each week of unusual weather systems.

Have submitted it to the BBC! Fingers crossed. :D

Cheers
Moosh

WOW....great capture....and congrats on making it on the BBC website....:clap:

well done. I thought you"d probably get on it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom