Upside Down Lcd Tv - Damage?????

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by allazey_uk, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. allazey_uk

allazey_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Sorry guys but this is a bit a 'fussy' question.....

I bought a Samsung 32" R88 for the flat i'm moving into soon so last night i decided put the TV back in its box and leave it until i move in.

It was quite tricky taking the stand off and getting the TV back into the polystyrere. I managed to get it back in the box eventually without dropping it.... BUT........... when i was holding the TV trying to turn it around (almost upside down but not totally) I heard a noise as if something moved inside!!
    Its hard to describe the noise but i can only liken it to this: Imagine if you had a glass cup with something metal inside it. The metal object inside was almost a perfect fit, but there was still a millimeter space around it. If you moved the glass from say left to right you would hear a slight clunk where the metal object inside has moved and knocked against the side of the glass.
    WELL THIS IS WHAT I HEARD!!!!!

I know this is a long shot but has anybody else experienced this???

And also, how safe would you lot say it is to turn a TV almost upside down??? Could it do damage???

2. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can turn it whichever way you want, don't worry about that, mine was delivered "upside down"
    As for the noise you heard I don't know:confused:

3. 00boz00

00boz00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just brought a sony 32v4000 and was taking it up some stairs at angle and heard a cluncking noise come from inside the tv. :eek:Then I turned it back the opposite way and it made the same noise like someting isnt quite tight. Should I be concerned or do all sony lcds make this noise when turn on a angle.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. williamwallace

williamwallace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you hear any additional responses on the below? similar thing happened to me. thanks

5. EarthRod

EarthRod
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,870
    Hi Guys

I'm only guessing, but what you are hearing is possibly a cable or ribbon cable slightly moving position inside the TV as you change the angle.

Alan

6. williamwallace

williamwallace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response Alan. Yea.. i'm guessing it's nothing big. tv seems to be working fine..