Upset Xbox 360

Abstracto

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was in Toys R us the other day browsing with my Girlfriend When I saw a PS3! (I already own an xbox with HD player and was quite pleased with it). The PS3 was on offer for 12 months interest free, so on a whim I bought it, mainly for the blu-ray, I got it home opened it up connected it to my TV, and I have to say I was astonished by the excellent quality and build of the machine, everything about it is fantastic, I didn't think that there would be much difference in quality of the xbox, but it makes the xbox look like an old 80's console, I sat quite annoyed a microsoft for ripping me off with this machine, the fans noisy as hell, the power adapter is bigger than a small shed, the joypads are heavy and bulky, the overall cost of attachments is way more than the PS3 has cost which includes everything in one box. Now, I know I sound like a PS3 fanboy which I am definatley not and I can honestly say that I was all for xbox 360 and dead set against the PS3 and now my mind has been changed, People may complain about the cost but in the long run the PS3 is the cheaper deal as you really dont need to buy any accessories for it. Now my xbox lays upset on the other side of my cupboard lonely and silent. Thanks for listening.

Now my xbox lays upset on the other side of my cupboard lonely and silent.

Strangely enough my 2nd 360 died on me the first time i used it after the ps3 arrived, i think it took it personally :D

totaly agree with you ,was not really in the market for a ps3 but bought one and im well impressed,the xbox is still a good machine but needs some refinements to make it perfect.only grip with the ps3 is the slow download speeds off psn,took an hour for the virtua tennis demo,thats with 20mb broadband,but according to the sony helpline they are looking into it.

xbox is still a good machine but needs some refinements to make it perfect.

It's a shame that so many people own the older xbox in the state it is in, They rushed it out too quickly and I think that's where the problem started, Now they are considering a built in hd drive on the 3rd version xbox. So anyone who owns an elite, these will be out dated within months when the new xbox comes along.
(I agree with the download times on the PS3 these are extremely slow)

Now they are considering a built in hd drive on the 3rd version xbox. So anyone who owns an elite, these will be out dated within months when the new xbox comes along.

I don't know where you got that information from but I very much doubt MS are considering doing that at all. There is no way they can release an Xbox 360 with a bullt in HD-DVD drive. Even if they did the games would still need to be released on normal DVD and not HD-DVD.

I was in Toys R us the other day browsing with my Girlfriend When I saw a PS3! (I already own an xbox with HD player and was quite pleased with it). The PS3 was on offer for 12 months interest free, so on a whim I bought it, mainly for the blu-ray, I got it home opened it up connected it to my TV, and I have to say I was astonished by the excellent quality and build of the machine, everything about it is fantastic, I didn't think that there would be much difference in quality of the xbox, but it makes the xbox look like an old 80's console, I sat quite annoyed a microsoft for ripping me off with this machine, the fans noisy as hell, the power adapter is bigger than a small shed, the joypads are heavy and bulky, the overall cost of attachments is way more than the PS3 has cost which includes everything in one box. Now, I know I sound like a PS3 fanboy which I am definatley not and I can honestly say that I was all for xbox 360 and dead set against the PS3 and now my mind has been changed, People may complain about the cost but in the long run the PS3 is the cheaper deal as you really dont need to buy any accessories for it. Now my xbox lays upset on the other side of my cupboard lonely and silent. Thanks for listening.

Yay!

I think I have just found my karmic balance :hiya:

Perhaps we should get your lonely and silent Xbox together with my neglected and miserable PS3 for company :rotfl:

Really can't decide if this is a serious thread or not but either way thanks for the laugh *amused*

The PS3 is a well built machine no doubt about it but I guarantee you that isnt going to make one jot of difference once you have run out of games to play on it.

My PS3 is still gathering dust while my 360 is getting some serious hammer lately with all the great games coming out for it.

Saying that, cant wait for Heavenly Sword :thumbsup:

I don't know where you got that information from but I very much doubt MS are considering doing that at all. There is no way they can release an Xbox 360 with a bullt in HD-DVD drive. Even if they did the games would still need to be released on normal DVD and not HD-DVD.

I'd heard the rumour as well. It's not supposed to be anything to do with games, but rather to make the 360 an all in one HD DVD player and thus boost their flagging sales and make the 360 a direct alternative to PS3 as HD player.

I'd heard the rumour as well. It's not supposed to be anything to do with games, but rather to make the 360 an all in one HD DVD player and thus boost their flagging sales and make the 360 a direct alternative to PS3 as HD player.

In other words just rumour and speculation and not something officially announced by MS.

In other words just rumour and speculation and not something officially announced by MS.

it has a code name of xbox 360 : ultimate :thumbsup:

It doesn't have a code name, it's a name made up by internet rumour mongers...

Strangely enough my 2nd 360 died on me the first time i used it after the ps3 arrived, i think it took it personally :D

Lol!

When i got my PS3 home i played it for about 2-3 weeks without touching my 360.

Then i go to play it, and it died on me :(

Yay!

I think I have just found my karmic balance :hiya:

Perhaps we should get your lonely and silent Xbox together with my neglected and miserable PS3 for company :rotfl:

Really can't decide if this is a serious thread or not but either way thanks for the laugh *amused*

Makes you wonder what'll happen to your xbox this time next year ;) Join the already growing silent ones? :rotfl:

I was against the PS3 at first as well, as I thought that it was too expensive, but then I found out that the premium xbox only had a 20gb hard drive and you had to buy a HD-DVD drive separate, as well as a wireless network adaptor. On top of that, they had the nerve to charge a monthly price for xbox live.

The PS3 has everything included, which is why I bought it. A hard drive [which can be changed], Blue-Ray, Blue Tooth controllers with built in batteries, wireless, free online play [I don't care what anyone says, I have had no problem with online play, it's excellent] and now with an extra controller and game for £350. A bargain I say.

However much I like the PS3, I would still rather have a xbox due to the games etc only if Microsoft make a future ultimate version with built in HD-DVD and wireless + 65nm gpu and cpu, then that would kick the PS3's ass hands down. Sony can kiss the PS3 goodbye.

The first time I unpacked the PS3, without doubt it just had quality written all over it.

I'm pretty sure i did use the word rumour in my original post. Either way i wouldn't bet against Microsoft doing it.

Funny you mention the 360's controller, I actually like the weighting of it, the PS3's pad is a bit too lightweight, just feels like an empty shell.

...and the triggers are just plain cr@p IMHO - it needs redesigned, whether it gets a rumble or not, its badly in need of a serious overhaul. Incidentally there have been some piccies knocking about where the left stick and the d pad have been swapped over ( like the 360's), although it was an abvious photochop.

If Microsoft make a future ultimate version with built in HD-DVD and wireless + 65nm gpu and cpu, then that would kick the PS3's ass hands down. Sony can kiss the PS3 goodbye.

"Now that we've screwed the core and premium users with the elite, lets screw over the elite users too with the ultimate!"

...It won't happen :)

Now shut up you lot and stop moaning - honestly, I heard this kind of talk in my classrooms when I was a teacher - "my toy's better than yours", no, actually, mine is better than yours 'cos my dad said so" " well, my dad is harder than your dad" " well, what about my mum, she's proper hard and she smokes".:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This is what you lot are like, a bunch of old kids in the playground :rotfl:

shut up, play with and enjoy your toys (consoles). :lesson:

if Microsoft make a future ultimate version with built in HD-DVD and wire less + 65nm gpu and cpu, then that would kick the PS3's ass hands down. Sony can kiss the PS3 goodbye.

How exactly would such a system "kick the PS3's ass"? such a system would surely be have to be priced at a very similar price to the ps3, and much as some here loath to believe but "Playstation" is still a very popular brand, and i actually believe that if the two systems were priced the same the majority of consumers would go for the playstation, if only for the reason of brand recognition. Personally i believe the system you mention should of been the console ms launched in the first place, i know there is the argument for giving consumers a choice of what add-ons to purchase but in my view that can cause confusion to the average buyer, and i find very reminiscent of sega's suicidal strategy to prolong the life of the mega-drive which unfortunately left a very bad taste with even loyal sega devotees.

How exactly would such a system "kick the PS3's ass"? such a system would surely be have to be priced at a very similar price to the ps3, and much as some here loath to believe but "Playstation" is still a very popular brand, and i actually believe that if the two systems were priced the same the majority of consumers would go for the playstation, if only for the reason of brand recognition. Personally i believe the system you mention should of been the console ms launched in the first place, i know there is the argument for giving consumers a choice of what add-ons to purchase but in my view that can cause confusion to the average buyer, and i find very reminiscent of sega's suicidal strategy to prolong the life of the mega-drive which unfortunately left a very bad taste with even loyal sega devotees.

Some valid points there. :thumbsup:

And even with all that it only puts it technically on the level with the PS3. I've become interested in the 360 again with the elite, but without the new cooler 65 boards I'll stick to playing Bioshock/Alan Wake on my PC when I get my life back from STILL playing Oblivion on the PS3 & not touched Darkness for months.

And even with all that it only puts it technically on the level with the PS3. I've become interested in the 360 again with the elite, but without the new cooler 65 boards I'll stick to playing Bioshock/Alan Wake on my PC when I get my life back from STILL playing Oblivion on the PS3 & not touched Darkness for months.

Just out of curiosity what is it about the Elite thats sparked your interest in the 360 again?

Just out of curiosity what is it about the Elite thats sparked your interest in the 360 again?

I bet it was the different colour. ;) :D

• Hopefully quiet fans this time (don't know until feedback from new owners).
  • HDMI is a slight plus with my connections.
  • The 120GB drive (like to keep my music on the m/c's).
  • But MOST OF ALL..... A chance these new designs will be reliable :eek:
  • Still prefer the 360 pad design to that of the PS3

Anyway, gone of the idea now as I only really want to play Bioshock & Alan Wake that's not on the PS3 and £100 should get me a graphics card boost for my PC to make these look half decent.

That's the thing with the 360. A lot of the top console only exclusives are likely to be PC Games For Windows releases too.

And for Moogles benefit...... Black will match my Sony AV gear better :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom