Upscaling through Amp using componant

martind

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a DVD that can upscale so that i get a better PQ on my Samsung LE26R41BXD lcd.
At the moment i have a pioneer DV380 (with progressive scan on) connected to my pioneer VSX 915 AV receiver using componant, then the amp connected to the lcd using component. Audio is thorugh coax from the DVD to amp.

Is there a DVD player that can upscale to 720p when going through the amp and then to the lcd (all using component)

I have been looking at the Tosh350 and the Samsung850, both seem a steal at their prices, whereas the Denon 1920 seems a bit expensive compared to the other two.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Not sure on the Samsung but the Tosh and the Denon only upscale through HDMI. Component is standard progressive only.

Cheers
Lee

martind said:
I am looking at getting a DVD that can upscale so that i get a better PQ on my Samsung LE26R41BXD lcd.

You are making an assumption that upscaling in the player will give you a better pic. It may do, but it's just as likely that it will look no different and potentially inferior....PJ

According to other posts on these forums, hacked Samsung DVD-HD850 or 950 can output upconverted 720p and 1080i via component...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom