Upscaling on Denon 2807

martind

Currently considering purchasing a Denon 2807.

Am i right in thinking that the 2807 will upscale my DVD's from 576p to 720p?

Equipment will be as follows..........

Panasonic 42px60 plasma
Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD-R
Telewest TV Drive
Denon 2807 amp (under consideration)
Kef KHT 2005.2 Egg speakers (under consideration)

I will be looking to connect the DVD player to the amp by componant and then the amp to plasma by either HDMI or componant.

So is the amp capable of upscaling the dvd from 576p to 720p??

Cheers

Martin

ianfretwell

Bad news for you I'm afraid - the 2807 can't upscale at all - it merely upconverts i.e. from component to HDMI.

It will also convert interlaced to progessive scan internally but that it I'm afraid.

Ian.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
ianfretwell said:
Bad news for you I'm afraid - the 2807 can't upscale at all - it merely upconverts i.e. from component to HDMI.

It will also convert interlaced to progessive scan internally but that it I'm afraid.

Ian.

aye, 2807 is just upconvert, not upscale.......

however if you plasma is a telly not just a display it should have its own scaler, which tbh should be as good if not better than one in a AV receiver/amp under £1k.......i think the 2807 however can pass thru 720p........older Denon models only pass thru 576p.....

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
ianfretwell said:

Since when is that bad news. Scaling is best left to proper scalers or the screen itself.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom