upscaling dvd

DA7

Active Member
Hi does anyone know if the PS3 will up scale my current dvd collection?
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
I would like to know this as well because if it does and does it well like my Denon 1920 dvd player then i might sell it and put the money towards a PS3
 

ghost5

Novice Member
i am also interested.

if it does not then it looks like ill be buying a HD DVD player as well as a PS3 :(
 

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
lee_c00per said:
I would like to know this as well because if it does and does it well like my Denon 1920 dvd player then i might sell it and put the money towards a PS3
Let me know if you are considering selling your Denon 1920 - may be in the market for one soon.
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
Abbeygoo said:
Let me know if you are considering selling your Denon 1920 - may be in the market for one soon.

Will do. I'll add you to my friends list
 

psikey

Distinguished Member
It does play DVD's & I'm sure I read somewhere that it will do progressive/upscale. It better do anyway as its another part for me justifying paying £425 as I don't own a progressive or upscaling DVD. I use my MCPC which is progressive/upscaling but not as convinient as a DVD/Console player.
 

pyrotenax

Active Member
The PS3 is dead in the water . It hasnt even started been manufactured yet. No way its going to make a release this year (Nov 2006).

Microsoft steals more ground :thumbsup:
 

psikey

Distinguished Member
You obviously don't follow PS3 news. Boards have been produced for manufacture for a while now :rolleyes:

Why do XBOX360 owners always have to down the PS3? Having had an XBOX360 I thinks is a great machine for pure games playing and wouldn't dream of downing it (apart from noise level) even though I'm buying a PS3.
 

WelshBluebird

Novice Member
psikey said:
You obviously don't follow PS3 news. Boards have been produced for manufacture for a while now :rolleyes:

Why do XBOX360 owners always have to down the PS3? Having had an XBOX360 I thinks is a great macine for pure games playing.
its just a few random idiots who can't see that competition is good and if the PS3 does fail, and sony don't make a PS4, then MS will be free to do pretty much what they like with the next Xbox, in regard to price etc.
 

pyrotenax

Active Member
psikey said:
You obviously don't follow PS3 news. Boards have been produced for manufacture for a while now :rolleyes:

Why do XBOX360 owners always have to down the PS3? Having had an XBOX360 I thinks is a great machine for pure games playing and wouldn't dream of downing it (apart from noise level) even though I'm buying a PS3.
Sony President: PS3 Still Not In Production Aug 19, 2006

Kaz Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment of America has revealed in an interview that production for the Playstation 3 has yet to begin.

......hasn't got an actual date of when they'll start production but it should be soon. They are currently reviewing the production lines in China and Japan so they can get started.

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10126/

p.s. welshbluebird ..... I aint a random idiot either
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
plasmad00d said:
Sony President: PS3 Still Not In Production Aug 19, 2006

Kaz Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment of America has revealed in an interview that production for the Playstation 3 has yet to begin.

......hasn't got an actual date of when they'll start production but it should be soon. They are currently reviewing the production lines in China and Japan so they can get started.

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10126/

p.s. welshbluebird ..... I aint a random idiot either
It would be very funny if it did miss the November launch :rotfl:
 

WelshBluebird

Novice Member
lee_c00per said:
It would be very funny if it did miss the November launch :rotfl:
this is what I don't understand.
If it wasn't for sony, then MS could do near enough what they wanted in regards to the xbox price. Same with sony. If MS wasn't in the market, then sony could do what they wanted with their prices

Competition is good, and if sony do miss their deadline, it means less competition during the xmas period for MS, which means if they wanted to, they could hold of a price cut, or a game or something like that.
 

psikey

Distinguished Member
Think Sony have hit the max anyone would pay anyway. If it was any higher than £425 for Premium, I wouldn't buy it. I'm still thinking UK price might come in at the £399 price when announced.

A lot of world goods are base costed in US$ and at current exchange rate £399 is still around $750 (good rates at the moment!)

At 21/8/06, confirmed US Premium price is $600 (£316), confirmed Euro price is EU600 (£408). £399 does look a possibility.
 

Similar threads

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Top Bottom