upscaling a dvd question

shane123456

Standard Member
can i upscale a dvd to my lg lx2r, useing hardware decoding on the 7900gtx.
know it can be done with software,but i was wondering if i set the resolution to 720p in the nvida control pannel and sent that to my screen,would this work,or is it just best to use software that peoplr are using.

Also if i was watching hd content would i have to use nvida control pannel to send 720p to my lcd.or do i leave it at its native res,1360x768.Any help would great

KraGorn

Novice Member
Also if i was watching hd content would i have to use nvida control pannel to send 720p to my lcd.or do i leave it at its native res,1360x768.Any help would great
Simple answer: set your desktop to the native resolution of your display if at all possible, or as near as you can get.

Assuming you're watching in full-screen mode, 1:1 pixel mapping as it's called will cause whatever resolution the source is (576, 720, 1080, etc.) to be scaled by the graphics card drivers to this output resolution and will use any hardware-assistance the card provides.

This scaling is nearly always superior to that in your display. It can however be bettered by software solutions such as FFDSHOW, however IMHO it's best to use just the graphics card scaling to beginwith and see if the image you get is good enough, depending on the size of your screen the improvement FFDSHOW can provide may well not be significant enough to warrant the effort you'll need to expend gettingit up and running.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom