1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upscale software

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rlm, Mar 29, 2005.

1. rlm

rlm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does any software (or PC hardware) exist to upscale a standard DVD, I would be playing this DVD on a Standard dvd rom drive.

I don't mind if its on the fly conversion or written to a new file. I'm fairly certain my PC can handle it (FX53, 1GB RAM).

Its just that I've bought a new LCD TV that supports HDTV and thought I should try this through my pc before I went out and bought a Samsung HD-745. If the quality is good enough then I might use it instead.

I had the usual brouse though goole etc but to no avail, just hoping someone here can help me, thanks in advance.

2. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ffdshow is what you need. Not used it myself, but I did have a link to a tuition page about setting and configuring this utility. I'm sure someone else will provide the link.

3. gregf

gregf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Try http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=ffdshowdvd_1 for a starting guide to ffdshow. After that have a look at the us based avsforum, there is a huge thread there with various ffdshow settings. You will have to experiment to get the best picture but it is worth it and it is free! You will also need Zoomplayer Pro ( only $19) or similar.