UPS - Useless

My last order from Amazon.com came by them and got here in 4 days. That was my fastest order.

Well, early in december/late november I sent a package out. let me tell you; it was so heavily padded my P&P costs were way over what I'd got for it, it still came with a smashed case.

Evening folks, quick update.....just got in 5 minutes ago and there was a UPS InfoNotice slip on the doormat!! My heart sank as I thought after all this time I would still have to collect it. However, they left it with my neighbour:thumbsup::clap:

I'm not sure if it was my tirade earlier on the phone, or just pure coincidence but I don't really care. My little girls present is safely in my possession and I can relax and start looking forward to Christmas again.:thumbsup:

Just ordered my Snus from Sweden. It arrived at Stanstead and was taken to Dartford.

From there, it sat in the depot because of "adverse weather" I can appreciate that as we've had a ton of snow...last week.

This was 2 days ago and Dartford is 30 minutes or less down the A2 from me and there is no Adverse Weather at all:laugh:

UPS - Useless Piece of **** Is quite correct!

What a bunch of dipsticks;)

Evening folks, quick update.....just got in 5 minutes ago and there was a UPS InfoNotice slip on the doormat!! My heart sank as I thought after all this time I would still have to collect it. However, they left it with my neighbour:thumbsup::clap:

I'm not sure if it was my tirade earlier on the phone, or just pure coincidence but I don't really care. My little girls present is safely in my possession and I can relax and start looking forward to Christmas again.:thumbsup:

It arrived a week before Christmas, which suggests to me that your complaint was very unjust.

That rather depends what delivery he paid for:

Shipping Options:
£20 [ ] UPS Super Express: Next Day
£15 [ ] UPS Express: 48 hrs
£10 [ ] UPS Standard: 5 working days
10p [x] UPS Super Economy: several weeks but probably in time for Christmas

:laugh:

It arrived a week before Christmas, which suggests to me that your complaint was very unjust.

Did you read any of my other posts? My main complaint was that the tracking information told me that my parcel had been out for delivery. In actual fact, it hadn't moved since it arrived on the 6th.

And what if my parcel was for another important occasion? I paid for 48 hour express delivery, so it arriving before Christmas has no relevance to me. It was still over 2 weeks late.

Another of your theories kiboshed.........nice one:rolleyes:

I've only ever delt with UPS when sending my 360 off for repair a couple of times. And both times they've been pretty good.

Seemed to get it back quicker to me the second time.

Same. Was away 2 and a half weeks the first time.
and 1 and a half the 2nd time.

I'm sat at work waiting for a UPS delivery from one of our suppliers right now! Once its delivered I can go home for christmas :clap:

Unfortunately when the order was placed the company failed to provide us with a tracking number so the only information I have is that it was despatched yesterday. I can't even contact the company as the office staff are currently unavailable.

I know what depot the consignment will have gone to but the only number they put on the internet is a national number. I find it hard to believe that having been on hold for 20 minutes after navigating the ridiculous automated service that they can't help me locate the consignment even though I have a for / to address yet no tracking number.

Call them up, they will be able to search on collection address / delivery address without having to know the note number or reference.

...or at least that's what we would do (at another carrier)...

Good Luck.

Did you read any of my other posts? My main complaint was that the tracking information told me that my parcel had been out for delivery. In actual fact, it hadn't moved since it arrived on the 6th.

And what if my parcel was for another important occasion? I paid for 48 hour express delivery, so it arriving before Christmas has no relevance to me. It was still over 2 weeks late.

Another of your theories kiboshed.........nice one:rolleyes:

I'm sticking with what I said. 48 hour delivery has no relevance with this weather. I've waited 2 weeks for my own parcel, I'm not worried that it hasn't arrived yet.

Did you read any of my other posts?
To be fair you will never know now if it would still have arrived today irrespective of your ranting against the man on the phone. Now go watch A Christmas Carol

:D

I'm sticking with what I said. 48 hour delivery has no relevance with this weather. I've waited 2 weeks for my own parcel, I'm not worried that it hasn't arrived yet.

And you have again ignored my reasoning.......... a somewhat common occurrence based on some of your other posts.

To be fair you will never know now if it would still have arrived today irrespective of your ranting against the man on the phone. Now go watch A Christmas Carol

:D

Who knows, and now I have it, who cares?:D

And you have again ignored my reasoning.......... a somewhat common occurrence based on some of your other posts.

You asked if I had read any of your other posts, but the whole situation is in your first post. You complained.. they told you that the tracking system was presenting the wrong information, you ended with.. I don't know if I will get the present before Christmas. Now that seems absurd to me, as it arrived a week before Christmas, the weather was bad, and the tracking system is only really useful in good weather anyway. There is no option for a tracking system to say.. Sitting In A Truck Due To Bad Weather. Too unpredictable. You do realise that the whole Royal Mail system is messed up too don't you? The weather has foxed everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure I'll never post a package in Auburn, California ever again.... :D

You asked if I had read any of your other posts, but the whole situation is in your first post. You complained.. they told you that the tracking system was presenting the wrong information, you ended with.. I don't know if I will get the present before Christmas. Now that seems absurd to me, as it arrived a week before Christmas, the weather was bad, and the tracking system is only really useful in good weather anyway. There is no option for a tracking system to say.. Sitting In A Truck Due To Bad Weather. Too unpredictable. You do realise that the whole Royal Mail system is messed up too don't you? The weather has foxed everyone.

You obviously know more about tracking systems than I do, but if it tells me that my item is 'Out for delivery' on the 15th of December (well after the adverse conditions) then I expect it to be delivered..........and not still sitting in the back of an articulated lorry as it had been since the 6th of December.

Why have a tracking system at all if it does not give accurate information......... or like you state only works in 'good weather'?:laugh:

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Can't people collect them? Surely if its a desperate gift or present you can get off your backsides and go collect them? That's what i do if its urgent..

BB

Perhaps it should be renamed the tracking forecast :)

"The package forecast is that there is a 20% chance of light package deliveries in the Central Region over next three days. "

"There is a severe package warning for Southern England with flurries of Junk Mail expected to drift up to 20cm deep"

"Be advised that just like the BBC weather forecast, the most accurate assessment of current package delivery conditions is to look out your front door and see whether there is a UPS van pulled up at the kerbside..."

Can't people collect them? Surely if its a desperate gift or present you can get off your backsides and go collect them? That's what i do if its urgent..

BB

Indeed - I refer you to my previous post(s) earlier in the thread. I would have been more than happy to get off my backside to collect it..... if it wasn't for the fact it was on an articulated lorry with hundreds of other parcels waiting to be unloaded and sorted.

Perhaps it should be renamed the tracking forecast :)

"The package forecast is that there is a 20% chance of light package deliveries in the Central Region over next three days. "

"There is a severe package warning for Southern England with flurries of Junk Mail expected to drift up to 20cm deep"

"Be advised that just like the BBC weather forecast, the most accurate assessment of current package delivery conditions is to look out your front door and see whether there is a UPS van pulled up at the kerbside..."

:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom