1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uppgrading to a 5.1 system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nissle, Jan 5, 2005.

1. nissle

nissle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I need some advice! I purchased B&W 705 as music/front speakers, Denon 3805 Amp and Nordost speaker cables. I'm now looking to upgrade my system to a 5.1 system.

I was looking at the HTM7 as the center and corresponding sub and rear. The problem is that I have no room for such a massive sub and front speaker.... So I need to be able to hang the centre on the wall (I could fit a small centre into a small cabinet bellow the plasma screen) and a small sub but I don't want to compromise the sound to much..

So I been looking at FPM2 as rear, FPM5 as a centre and PV1 as sub, does anyone have experience of such a setup??

Does anyone have any other suggestions of a setup?? It does not necessarily need to be B&W speakers..

Thankfull for any suggetions

2. nissle

nissle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone??

3. nissle

nissle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been listening to Rel q150 and Rel Quake and in my opinion they are better subs then PV1. According to the guy in the store there is no big difference besides that the q 150 can handle larger rooms...

No I just need to find a matching center and rear....

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Nissle
    Dont know about the guy in the shop but the rel quake and q150 arnt in the same league as the b&wasw675 which i owned ,I also owned the rel q150e previous to the asw 675 so can vouch for each subs performance.Only thing i can tell you is the B&W is harder to set up but when done right is excellent and you can feel the lows which the q150e couldnt produce.I havent heard the pv1 but if i was you i would go with the cheaper asw675.
    Cheers Gonzo.
    PS i would say the q150 wouldnt handle big rooms at all well just my opinion.

5. nissle

nissle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx

It seams that the B&W is a much better option. I will stop by the store next week to make up my mind.... I will post my findings..