UPnP Issues

dhpeck67

Novice Member
Hi folks. Got a new Series X, but having issues with the "UPnP not successful" error.

Context:
  1. It works fine on my home network, but the LAN (wired) connection on my college network creates the error.
  2. It cycles every 10 to 30 seconds online and off, but the "UPnP not successful" never goes away.
  3. Cleared the cache and the MAC addresses like the MS recommends, but it was of no help.
  4. Changed cables. Even picked up CAT6 cable--nothing (even though CAT5 is more than enough).
  5. My old Xbox One works fine on the same network, same ethernet port.
Any ideas? I have a call into IT for the college. Maybe there is a firewall or sign-in issue, but it is strange (see comments above).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Take care,

dp

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Home networks are usually unsecured.

Business networks /college networks are, or should be, well secured and normally you cannot expect to just bring along any device , plug it in , and have it connect.

There will be , at the very least , some kind of MAC address filtering that will not allow unknown new devices to connect.
You usually have to bring the device to someone , who inspects it , approves it, and gives it access.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom