1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading to Ofoto - slow?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by shoehorn, Sep 15, 2004.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,
    After reading several threads about online printing, I thought I'd give some a trial.... I really like the Ofoto idea - with the on-line albums.... but it seems to take forever to upload pictures.... I'm on NTL broadband at 750kb, so I would expect it to be quicker.

Is this simply the popularity of Ofoto's site, or is it something I'm doing (or not, as the case may be!)

For example - if I try to upload 15 pictures (of about 1.5mb each) it says it'll take 40 mins - sort of what I'd expect.... BUT it seems to complete about 80% of the first picture and then re-try, sometimes it completes it, sometimes it doesn't and then goes onto the next - all the time the upload time increases, until at 7 hours(!) I cancel the upload altogether....

I've got a fair few pictures (1000+!) that I'd like to upload, share and print, but it's gonna take me a few years at this rate!

Are there any recommended alternatives (for sharing and printing) - or am I being too ambitious with the free album space they offer?

Thanks.

2. HardBoiledEgg

HardBoiledEgg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i never had any probelms uploading to Ofoto, but then I only sent 10. However, when I sent 60 to photobox I had similar problems to yours. I actually went out and left them uploading, and 4 hours later they were still uploading! When I calcelled it though and tried at a different time (late at night) it all went no problems.

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks - looks like I'd best stay up late then! :zonked: