Uploaded photo's corrupt - new laptop's fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamilt1

Novice Member
I have a new Samsung R580 laptop. I uploaded some jpegs to Photobox to create a book and over a dozen were corrupted when viewed them on their site. I had to reupload several times until finally they were okay. I also uploaded a dozen pictures onto Turbo Lister 2 to create an ad for eBay and one of those photos corrupted too. Can anyone shed any light on what the problem could be- I never had this problem with my old Sony Vaio (RIP) and I really don't want it to be down to my new Samsung R580 as I love it. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I assumee the images are okay on your laptop, the problem is only when you upload them to a site?

If so have you tried uploading files elsewhere, for example can you upload to say photobucket or flickr or another site that allows you to upload images to see if you still encounter problems.

I'm not sure what Photobox and Turbo Lister 2 use, do you know if they are they flash, java or just plain HTML?

shamilt1

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the images are fine on my laptop, its just the uploaded images that sometimes corrupt - I would say it affects maybe 5-10% of them. Unfortunately I dont know how to check whether the sites use flash or java etc - I know that I had to download an ' active x' file before I could upload to photobox if that helps. I havn't tried uploading to anywhere else as the photo's have corrupted with both these other sites I mentioned, I would imagine it would happen with photobucket too. I can join up and try if you think it would help get to the bottom of this??? In your experience would you think its a laptop problem or maybe a network issue ( I replaced my router a few months ago so could it be that?) Thanks

Iccz

Distinguished Member
I very much doubt it would be the laptop, my guess is that there is a software issue somewhere, the file is struggling to get out maybe because of a firewall or anti virus (do you run anything like norton?) or maybe if the site is java / flash etc it has a problem with that.

Perhaps try a site that doesn't require registration like TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
see if that site works for you.

If you want I can move this thread to the software and os board - I get a feeling you might get more help with this there, but I'm still unsure of what the problem actually is relating to really, it's hard to tell.

Edit: I see you have now started a thread in software so I shall close this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom