• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Upload dvd collection to cloud?

happyhiker

Established Member
So as I live in the 21st Century, I've got a bit bored of shiny silver disks all over the floor and would like to have my movie collection on a cloud based streaming service, a bit like ultraviolet but good. As I have a load of disks, I'd also like to be able to upload those to the same service a bit like google play music but for video's. Ultraviolet pretends to be what I want I think, but only if I live in the US.

Is there any such thing yet ? ( seems bonkers to me someone hasn't done this 3 -5 years ago).

Or maybe Ultraviolet is what I want ? Where do I buys all the movies for it(I can only find a few in uk) Will US codes work in UK ? Can I get my existing dvd's into it (Walmart in US will do this for $2! per DVD - Ripoff!)

I'm too lazy to actually rip my dvds and I believe its illegal to circumvent copy protection, so cloud based rather than NAS drive is preferable. I want to be legal, even though torrents and Kobi are a million times better than anything I can find legal. Am I asking too Much? Another 3-5 years maybe ?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom