Upgraditis ......

John

I'm very happy with my Hitachi , but I'm looking at upgrading my amp & speakers in the next few months :thumbsup: .As a result , I may have the opportunity to adjust the connections to the screen , hence posting in the plasma section :thumbsup:

At the moment I have both AV1 & 2 in use with DVD & Xbox , Sky is via scart .I am considering getting a js tech rgb/yuv converter and routing everything through the amp (probably another Yammy , maybe a DENON) into AV1 (better quality Ixos cable already in use)

Has anyone else gone down this route , and what sort of results have they has with SKY thru the JS box

One final thing , I am considering getting Gordon or Piers round to their stuff . I was just wondering what sort of results they have got from this sort of set up, and more importantly Alis screens .

Thanks
John

N

nealgs

Hi John,

We have all out input fed via a Yamaha RXV1000RDS reciever with the DVD and Sky going via a JSTech RGB2YUV converter (DVD->Sky via RGB SCART loopthru on sky box).

Xbox is connected via hi-def kit (albeit not modded xbox) but component feed is fed into other available component in on AV Amp and then fed to plasma.

dvd->sky->JSTech->amp-|
......................|---->Plasma
xbox->amp-------------|

Image is excellent, albeit still dependent largely on bandwidth allocated by sky ;)

Only issue we will have is when we upgrade DVD to component out - will run out of inputs on AMP and will miss out on switching using it then :thumbsdow

Gary

John

Thanks for the reply Gary :smashin: .Must make mental note to ensure prospective amp has 3 x YUV inputs :D

Bloody Sky and their Bitrates :mad: (Altho I realise its not all down to Sky but individual channels ). Its such a shame that all channel are not equal (high bitrate obviously :) )

I suppose one thing I need to consider is the lack of aspect ratio signal with component . There was a box of tricks available to do this iirc , must have a look

Anyone with a Hitachi tried this setup (Sky - JS - Plasma) or had the ISF magic done

Cheers
John

John

johnscarlet said:
I suppose one thing I need to consider is the lack of aspect ratio signal with component . There was a box of tricks available to do this iirc , must have a look

Hmmm , the box of tricks reqires as RS232 cable , all my cables are already in the wall. Oh well

Any other thoughts ?

JS

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom