1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraditis ......

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by John, Feb 3, 2005.

1. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    I'm very happy with my Hitachi , but I'm looking at upgrading my amp & speakers in the next few months :thumbsup: .As a result , I may have the opportunity to adjust the connections to the screen , hence posting in the plasma section :thumbsup:

At the moment I have both AV1 & 2 in use with DVD & Xbox , Sky is via scart .I am considering getting a js tech rgb/yuv converter and routing everything through the amp (probably another Yammy , maybe a DENON) into AV1 (better quality Ixos cable already in use)

Has anyone else gone down this route , and what sort of results have they has with SKY thru the JS box

One final thing , I am considering getting Gordon or Piers round to their stuff . I was just wondering what sort of results they have got from this sort of set up, and more importantly Alis screens .

Thanks
    John

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John,

We have all out input fed via a Yamaha RXV1000RDS reciever with the DVD and Sky going via a JSTech RGB2YUV converter (DVD->Sky via RGB SCART loopthru on sky box).

Xbox is connected via hi-def kit (albeit not modded xbox) but component feed is fed into other available component in on AV Amp and then fed to plasma.

dvd->sky->JSTech->amp-|
    ......................|---->Plasma
    xbox->amp-------------|

Image is excellent, albeit still dependent largely on bandwidth allocated by sky ;)

Only issue we will have is when we upgrade DVD to component out - will run out of inputs on AMP and will miss out on switching using it then :thumbsdow

Gary

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    Thanks for the reply Gary :smashin: .Must make mental note to ensure prospective amp has 3 x YUV inputs :D

Bloody Sky and their Bitrates :mad: (Altho I realise its not all down to Sky but individual channels ). Its such a shame that all channel are not equal (high bitrate obviously :) )

I suppose one thing I need to consider is the lack of aspect ratio signal with component . There was a box of tricks available to do this iirc , must have a look

Anyone with a Hitachi tried this setup (Sky - JS - Plasma) or had the ISF magic done

Cheers
    John

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,619
    Hmmm , the box of tricks reqires as RS232 cable , all my cables are already in the wall. Oh well

Any other thoughts ?

JS