Upgrading

M

Mark H99

I recently sold my 36 inch Sony Wega 100 hrz TV. I intended to replace it with a plasma but i'm having second thoughts now.

So I need some help,
I have a budget of maybe £2000 or slightly under, and I'm looking for a flat panel Tv, I have a preferance for Sony but this could be me being an advertisers dream!!
Heres what I intend to use it for, Sports (sky), DVD's and Xbox, and maybe connecting it to my PC if possible, tho this is less important.

I've been kind of impressed by this KF42SX300U, is this just me being stupid, should I stick with a plasma ?? or am I right to look at the above?
I'm really looking for a 37 - 42 inch screen, to fit our front room! I spoke to the guy at our local Comet (who I prefer to the dixons chain) but he'd never heard of a rear projector LCD tv ! After I showed it him on their website :) he did a search and found they had one in Bristol, so I'm going to go up and have a look at it next week.

So in brief with approx £2000 can I get a decent Plasma
Should I buy a plasma or should I go for the KF42SX300U, which has kind of taken my fancy.

Finally on a different note, my father in law has a beo-vision are they actually any good ??
as you can tell i don't know a lot about tv's so all advice will be much appreciated
Mark :lease:

I was after a plasma and eventually decided on a RP TV ... the reason being that I see it as a 2 year or so stop gap until decent 42" plasma with HDTV become affordable by most of us, rather than just the well healed few. I reckoned the depreciation on many existing plasma's would be huge, way beyond the cost of the RPTV. I ended up with a brand new Toshiba 42WT29 100HZ RP TV for less than £700 via ebay. Built in decent surround sound and freeview, with component input too. Superb. Had I gone the plasma route and got the same quality image I'd have been absolutely delighted.

OK, thanks, but do you reckon the Sony i'vr listed is a decen, and worth the money?
I don't think you can get an equivalent plasma for the same money, I'd probably end up with an LG and i've heard bad things about them

If you've seen the Sony and like it then it's really about price compared to good quality plasma. Cheapest online price seems to be around £1350 incl delivery. When viewing RP TV's stand a couple of meters away and at the correct height/angle. This TV is not cheap at Comet BTW!

AVsales had a good offer on a best buy panasonic, around £1600 for 42" plasma. Check Richer Sounds too for similar deal. May be worth the extra over the Sony RP, but not over my Toshiba, which was bargain of the decade I reckon ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom