Upgrading

GuitarGuy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ive got a 3GS which is getting seriously slow.... I'm finding it almost useless in some cases when speed is necessary. What can I upgrade to? I don't want it to cost the earth but I want something fairly rapid? What's android like? Anyone made the change from ios? I've had a go on my mates galaxy s2 and was very impressed.... Any advice would be appreciated.

I upgraded from an iPhone 3gs to the S2 and have never looked back! I picked it up free 3 months ago for £27 a month with 300 mind unlimited texts and 500Mb of data.

Toshman said:
I upgraded from an iPhone 3gs to the S2 and have never looked back! I picked it up free 3 months ago for £27 a month with 300 mind unlimited texts and 500Mb of data.

I'd go handset only and keep my contract as its the same as yours only unlimited data with a fair usage of 3 gig for just 15 quid a month. It'd be better for my to get a drop in monthly cost and just buy the phone second hand. Also what's so good about android then....? (can understand if it's a tough question) also is there an avf app for android?

Last edited:
lydan9gj said:
3GS?I want one for a long time.

Trust me if you get one you'll notice (especially with Ios5 it's really slow at doing anything!)

esaglik said:
I'd go handset only and keep my contract as its the same as yours only unlimited data with a fair usage of 3 gig for just 15 quid a month. It'd be better for my to get a drop in monthly cost and just buy the phone second hand. Also what's so good about android then....? (can understand if it's a tough question) also is there an avf app for android?

Android does everything my old iPhone did and more, the S2 is fast and with the bigger screen its so much better for media and surfing the web. Android is very customizable as well, you can get it looking exactly how you want it. Yes there is an AVF app for android, I'm using it now.

Toshman said:
Android does everything my old iPhone did and more, the S2 is fast and with the bigger screen its so much better for media and surfing the web. Android is very customizable as well, you can get it looking exactly how you want it. Yes there is an AVF app for android, I'm using it now.

That's great, could you see if there's a myfitnesspal app on there? Also what's the music player like? I use my iPhone as a main source.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom