Upgrading to Xbox Elite

cmclean

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I currently have an original white Xbox 360 and thinking of upgrading to Elite version for various reasons.

However, is there a migration process for transfering all my game saves, profile, etc to the new Elite? Obviously I want to keep as much of the data off my old 360

Thanks

You need a data transfer cable (Microsoft send you this for free) that moves all of your hard drive data over to the Elite and formats the old 20gig drive at the end, this can only be done once.

It's worth knowing that anything you have downloaded in the past from the marketplace will stop working on the Elite unless you are connected to Live via the account that downloaded it. This is due to Microsoft's DRM and if I had known about it I would not have upgraded thb.

Hope this helps.

Cool!

Thanks for the fast response. So where do I order this cable from? Does it tell me with the docs in the Elite box?

Another quick question if I may do you happen to know if the Elite has the reduced consumption chips that people mention (65ns?)

Thanks

No probs.

There is a form inside the box that you send off to Microsoft for the cable it only took about a week for mine to arrive.

As for the chip set you can tell if you have a falcon by the power supply rating on the side of the box. If it's 175w you have the latest version. Mine isn't btw so it must be one of the older Elites but I would think most should have the new chips by now.

A week! There would be no bike in this forum if everyone were that lucky.

I got my elite last month and had to print off a PDF form off the xbox website to apply for my kit. Nearly a month later and no sign so I've joined the bike too.

People are sharing the love when it comes to those cables.

Apply for the cable and just request a share, then be prepared to share yours about once it arrives.

Cool!

Thanks for the fast response. So where do I order this cable from? Does it tell me with the docs in the Elite box?

Another quick question if I may do you happen to know if the Elite has the reduced consumption chips that people mention (65ns?)

Thanks

Check out the folowing link and request for your name to be added to the list :thumbsup:

AV Forum data migration cable

I ordered my Transfer cable February 2008, still not got it. Bought one off ebay, used it, and re-sold it.
Still waiting for the free cable, once i get it i'll be giving it to the bike forums.

Hi

I upgraded from a Premium to an Elite about a month ago and couldn't be bothered to wait for the transfer cable (impatient I know) so bought a 512mb memory card for about £ 30.00 from my local Game instead. Transferred all the saves over no probs and once connected to the web redownloaded all the skins / game add ons / arcade games - no probs with that either, after reobtaining your gamertag of course... Only got a 512mb card as the smaller card I've got wasn't big enough to do Forza 2 - can't remember how big that was but I know it was pretty large.. Hope this helps anyway.

A week! There would be no bike in this forum if everyone were that lucky.

Yep, I sent off for it on a Monday morning and it arrived the following Friday. I assumed they must have a new batch or something but I guess I was just lucky.

If I have known people were still waiting ages I would have given my cable to the bike but I just sold it on ebay. :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom