Upgrading to Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Miniholic, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    How difficult can it be? :mad:

After two cancelled install visits, my parents finally had their Sky+ box installed on Wednesday - it was supposed to be a Christmas present. After work I call round to have a play, but all I get is a message to call customer services to upgrade the subscription.

Turns out the engineer was too busy to pair the card and box and didn't even hook up the phone line (so much for contract conditions). Sky CS say it'll take up to 4 hours for the card to be paired so try later, which we did for the rest of the night, and again on Wednesday morning, still no joy.

I call again on Thursday morning before work to be told that there is a problem with pairing the card and it will take 72 hours to sort. Guess what, its still not working now and we've just spent over an hour on the phone to Sky.

First person was really helpfull, went though all the options, could see that we had called a couple of times previously and tried a few options to help, but it turns out that besides the card being incompatible with the box, the marker on our account says the install hasn't been done despite it being recorded as complete by the engineer. Her only option is to refer it up the chain as she is unable to over-ride this, but someone will get back to us today.

Anyway, the supervisor has just called back, denied we had called before and been told about the 72 hours and it will now take another 72 hours. Funny there is nothing on the system about our call on Thursday morning when the previous person could see it there. :confused:

Still being told now that the card needs pairing (how many times does this need to be done?) and that the card is still incompatible with Sky+, but we can't have a replacement as thats not policy.

Anyone had this before? How was it resolved as we don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Muppets.:mad: The sooner we get an alternative to Sky the better.

2. GMT

GMT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Virgin Media?
    :/

3. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    No, just half of freeview or Sky for us.