Upgrading to sky plus and sky multiroom

G

gooners4life

Hi, I currently have the standard sky digital box. Next week, I am looking to upgrade t a sky plus box, and sky multiroom. I checked on the sky website, and it is £99, and free installation if subscribing to multiroom, which I am doing (otherwise £60). My only question is, will both of the boxes be sky plus, or will I be left with my current normal one, and the new sky plus one. Thanks in advance.

jrisch

Normally you'll get a Sky+ box and your existing digibox will be used for the multiroom. Try and persuade the installer to install dual cabling for the multiroom box so it becomes a simple box swap to put Sky+ in place of the standard box. You'll get a quad LNB which supplies two outputs for the Sky+, and a 3rd is used for the standard box. If he lays the 4th cable it'll make life easier in the future.

Incidentally, I did the same as you but cancelled the multiroom in the cooling off period (on the orders of SWMBO) and didn't get charged for the install retrospectively.

G

gooners4life

Thanks for your help, but I gave them a call and they said I can choose which room the sky plus box goes in to. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom