Upgrading to Sky+HD

K

Katsp8

Does anyone know if you sign up for the HD deal if it has to replace your main Sky box (ours is a Sky+ in the lounge) or if it would be possible to get the HD box to replace our old none Sky+ box currently in the bedroom as part of multiroom?

We were looking to buy a Sky+ for the bedroom but as we have a HD TV in there would like to take this deal instead if it's possible.

crawffy

Does anyone know if you sign up for the HD deal if it has to replace your main Sky box (ours is a Sky+ in the lounge) or if it would be possible to get the HD box to replace our old none Sky+ box currently in the bedroom as part of multiroom?

We were looking to buy a Sky+ for the bedroom but as we have a HD TV in there would like to take this deal instead if it's possible.

That's what i've done. When i "registered" it asked me what box i wanted to replace, so i selected the the normal sky box which is in the bedroom. I'll then put my sky+ box in the bedroom and the new +HD will be in the lounge.

K

Katsp8

Thanks for your reply... but I want to keep the Sky+ box in the lounge and get the HD one installed in the bedroom to replace the normal box - I don't want to sign up and the installer get here and say it has to go in the lounge as we don't have a HD TV in there yet!

crawffy

Thanks for your reply... but I want to keep the Sky+ box in the lounge and get the HD one installed in the bedroom to replace the normal box - I don't want to sign up and the installer get here and say it has to go in the lounge as we don't have a HD TV in there yet!

You can do what you want with the boxes, once you have the twin cable into the bedroom. You could swap them over every night if you wanted. To clarify, it will be fine.

Last edited:
K

Katsp8

Lol thanks - I'm not very good with technical things so just wanted to be sure before I ordered - will try and order now :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom