Upgrading to Sky HD from Sky+ - a question

willduval

Novice Member
Having asked a few questions on here, and read about the imminent announcement from Sky I will be buying a new TV and Sky HD in the next month or so.

My question is, what happens to any shows on my Sky+ box that I haven't got round to watching? Can they be transferred to the HD box or would I have to plug it back in to watch them?

chrisbaker42

You will lose them unless you are able to record them onto a dvd. You cannot view recorded shows without the card that is paired to the stb, and your card will be paired to the new HD stb.

Broadz

Chris's reply isn't strictly true. You can put the old card back in the old Sky+ box, connect the old Sky+ box to your sat dish, and watch all recordings except for the premium channels (Sky Movies and Sky Sports). Pairing is only necessary for premium channels - non-premium channels can be watched back on any box as long as a valid card is inserted, and as you will be using the card which was present when the recordings were made, you will be fine.

willduval

Novice Member
interesting - so if I got Multiroom along with HD, I could use the Sky+ box upstairs then? Mind you, I'd only do this if Multiroom became free with Sky HD per one of the theories in the upcoming Sky rumours thread..........

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom