Upgrading to SKY HD from original Sky - Advice

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by spikecast, Jan 22, 2008.

1. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +689
    Hi all, just got a new M87 in our living room yesturday and we are looking to upgrade to Sky HD, however the steep pricing is putting my parents off. We have been loyal Sky customers for well over 10 years now but I wasn't happy with the deal Sky offered me. Basically they want to charge us full price £309 for the Box + Installation then £55 a month for the full HD package. Is it worth me phoning cancellations and seeing if they will offer me anything? We have left Sky in the past and they've come crawling back with various offers! Really not prepared to pay full whack when we have been loyal customers for years, do they not honour customer loyality?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Nick.

2. prinjm

prinjm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am being upgraded to Hd on thursday and got the box for 199 + 60 installation. But I have got multi room and sky max broadband which brings the cost down.

3. gfsracing

gfsracing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    shame you didnt get your TV last month comet were doing a deal of sky hd box for 99 or 69 for old customers plus installation

4. gblades

gblades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I got it from Comet for £199 plus £60 installation. I would go through to cancelations and mention this deal and the £99 one the months before and say you are not happy about being charged more just because you are an existing customer and are thinking of leaving.
    I am sure they will do you a better deal.

5. CJSIMPSON

CJSIMPSON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My sister works for sky selling it on stands in shopping centres etc. She told me the price is coming down to £199 there on the 1st of February (not sure if you need sky talk and broadband.

Also have just upgraded via the £149 when you buy a hd tv offer from a local dealer but I did ring Sky and they offered me it for £199 over the phone if I took sky talk and broadband (any package). They even said they would give me 6 weeks grace to sort the sky talk and broadband as I have line rental with talktalk.

In summary if you want sky talk and broadband ring them back and say you want a hd box and that and see what they offer but that is the best you will get at the moment other than if you buy a hd tv.