Upgrading to Samsung HW-Q950T from Sonos Beam advice on LG OLED65CX needed

dianoga

Standard Member
Hi all,
I have an LG OLED 65CX with a Sonos Beam Gen 1.
Although the Beam was a massive upgrade from the TV's speakers, i want to upgrade and have seen the Samsung HW-Q950T for £799
Before i dive in though, i quite often get a lip sync issue, but the audio is lagging behind the picture (Virgin 360).
As i can only delay the audio on the tv, soundbar or Virgin box, it only makes the lip sync worse.
Are there any known issues with the HW-Q950T and lip sync, or does it have the direction to adjust lip sync in both directions?
Thank you in advance

doughnut

Standard Member
I have the q950t and had lip sync issues with my old panny 5.1 Dolby system.

The q950t hdmi from Earc to arc directly to the tv and skyq also directly into the Soundbar and not a single lip sync issue.

2 weeks ago reliant direct sold it for £779. Looks like they bumped price up to £849.

I left my review in the q950t thread.

dianoga

Standard Member
Hi- thank you for your reply. My tv has earc but the Sonos beam only has arc- I would of thought that should have eliminated lip sync, but sadly it doesn’t- hoping the Q950T will solve this- I was looking on eBay and there was a discount code for Peter Tyson so just picked it up for £724 delivered- seems too good a deal to pass up

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom