• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrading to iOS4 how and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazelwoods

Established Member
Everyone today seems preoccupied by iPhone4, which is understandable.

For those of us who have decided not to upgrade the phone, but intend to upgrade to iOS4, where can we find information?

My 3GS is less than 2 months old. I took out an 18 month contract in December. My original phone was stolen at the end of April and luckily I was fortunate enough to be covered via my home insurance.

I'm going to keep hold of it for now and upgrade to iOS4. I thought I read somewhere last week that upgrades would be available from 21st June, but can't find that info again.

If it is on that date, where will the upgrade be found? Will it just be a case of opening iTunes and being advised that a new OS is available? Or is it more complicated than that?

RockSpeed

Established Member
All the iOS4 info is on Apples website. Theres a black banner with iOS4 on their site somewhere.

It'll be released June 21st around 9/10am PDT which is around 5/6pm GMT for us.

The update will be pushed to iTunes and you will then be prompted when you plug your iPhone in if you wish to download the newest update.

Theres quite a few topics on this though, throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom