Upgrading to firmware 1.4 - help!!

midknight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have downloaded firmware 1.4 and have tried several times to burn it on a DVD-R using Nero as an ISO file but whenever I put it into the player I get
"This disk is not DVD format. Can not play the disk."

Can some PLEASE help me as it is driving me nuts!!!

What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to burn the firmware onto a CD-R. Have a look at this thread for general guidance.

Rasczak said:
I think you need to burn the firmware onto a CD-R. Have a look at this thread for general guidance.

I have tried that too!

I am going nuts :suicide:

As I understand it, the disk will not be recognised by your PC (or Mac, come to that) but should still work fine to upgrade the Tosh. A disc image is just that, an image of a disc in whatever format the disc was orginially. Nero will simply recreate that CD. I am sure if the Tosh doesn't like it no harm will be done - it will simply complain it can't find the firmware.

I went through the same process, but didn't need to use the disc since my Tosh HD-A1 came with the 1.4 firmware.

scgf said:
As I understand it, the disk will not be recognised by your PC (or Mac, come to that) but should still work fine to upgrade the Tosh. A disc image is just that, an image of a disc in whatever format the disc was orginially. Nero will simply recreate that CD. I am sure if the Tosh doesn't like it no harm will be done - it will simply complain it can't find the firmware.

I went through the same process, but didn't need to use the disc since my Tosh HD-A1 came with the 1.4 firmware.

I am nurning the image ok but it is the Tosh itself that comes up with the message that it cannot read the disk - I am starting to think that maybe there is something wrong with the download of the firmware itself as I have now gone through quite a few blank CD-r's trying to get it to work - and my version is 1.0 at the moment so I need to update it!

Can someone please walk me through it (I downloaded the firmware from www.1080x1920.net by the way)

Hi.
If you are using Nero, use Nero EXPRESS, not Nero burning rom.
Then do a manual search for the file and select the NRG option, not the all supported files option. Drag it to the Nero window Burn it on to a cdr at 4x speed.
Your pc will open the file, but display the disc as empty. The Tosh will read it correctly though.

Hope this helps!

mray said:
Hi.
If you are using Nero, use Nero EXPRESS, not Nero burning rom.
Then do a manual search for the file and select the NRG option, not the all supported files option. Drag it to the Nero window Burn it on to a cdr at 4x speed.
Your pc will open the file, but display the disc as empty. The Tosh will read it correctly though.

Hope this helps!

Yes it did! Finally got it to work - thank alot!!!:thumbsup:

midknight said:
Yes it did! Finally got it to work - thank alot!!!:thumbsup:

Glad to be of help.
I know what these pc's are like!!
They never seem to do the same thing twice, if you know what I mean.:thumbsup:

mray said:
Glad to be of help.
I know what these pc's are like!!
They never seem to do the same thing twice, if you know what I mean.:thumbsup:
I hear that! Thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom