1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading To 7.1 Quick Question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by betamac, Nov 21, 2004.

1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have Mission M73 Floorstanding Fronts And Mission M72 On Stands For Rears

I Am About to buy the Mission M5DS Pair Of Speakers for the 2 Rear centre speakers firstly will these be an ok pairing with the other speakers?

But also how much space do i put inbetween the 2 rear speakers i am going to put them on the wall about midway up and wondered how much of a gap there should be in between them

Thanks

2. nickhor

nickhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have my rear speakers in my 7.1 system 2 foot apart but my processor Lexicon mc8 asks about the width ,directly behind the listening position about 2.3metres high ,sound great..my sides are directly at the side of me again at 1.5 m high..my fronts are different to the backs but they all seem to integrate ..see if you can demo a pair??

Trial and error with the width

hope that helps
    nick

3. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I understand it you should keep the M72 speakers at the back and put the the m5ds at the sides, this disperses the side effects better. This is what I've done with my kit (m74 front, m7c centre, m7ds side, m72 rear). Side speakers are higher up, fractionally in front of me (just for furnishing reasons), rear speakers a couple of feet behind me, just above seated head height, a settee width apart. I did have them higher up initially but after experimenting prefered them lower as it made the sound more enveloping.