Upgrading to 1080p

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jensK, Sep 10, 2007.

1. jensK

jensK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    1080p projector question

I want to upgrade home cinema with a new PJ. The main reason why I want to change my PJ is that it is currently placed on a coffee table whenever I use it and otherwise it lives in my hifi rack.
    My home cinema screen is located in the dinning room and my sitting position is in the living room a good 30 feet away from the screen. Both rooms are connected with a opening originally were the rooms separated with a double door, but I have removed them.

My idea is to permanently install the PJ on the dinning room wall. Therefore I would require a PJ that can project from 14 ft distance onto a 7.6 ft screen.

Once I am upgrading I thought I go for a 1080 p projector, but since I am not normally hang around in this forum I have no idea which PJ would do the job. I am not fully aware which 1080 p PJ's are currently available or which ones are going to come out in the near future.

Jens

2. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    i'm interested in the same thing. Currently packing a hitachi tx300. Anything about in the 1000-1500 price range 1080p? or is that a next year price?

3. MadDog Stu

MadDog Stu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I project from about 12ft to a 8ft screen on my new Panasonic PTAE1000; Quality is amazing;

Got it from Roy Jowett ltd; excellent service and always willing to help and go that extra mile. Prices of the PTAE1000 have come down now to around the £1700 mark as well in the past week :)

Stu

4. jensK

jensK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks for that MadDog.

Seems you got the PJ for a good price. I started to read a little bit in the forum and it seems that many PJ can throw a picture from the distance that I require.

Thanks again.

Which other 1080p PJ are there:

So far I found:

Panasonic PTAE1000
    JVC DLA-HD1
    Mitsubishi HC5000

Sim2 ?

5. AV Nik

AV Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Optoma Themescene HD80

6. sdb123

sdb123
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    The Sony VPL VW-60 should be released soon (follow up to the Sony VPL VW-50 (Pearl)).

:)