1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading the TV at last!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Warnie, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Warnie

Warnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi guys, I think its about time I upgraded my Matsui 28" widescreen after 4 1/2 years and to be fair it has served me really well. Anyway witha new system on order and a new Panasonic DVDr to add to the set up I wondered what you experienced chappies thought of the following tv's. I'm thinking of spending between £500 and £800 approx.

Also wondering whether to go with 2 or 3 scart connectors.

Tv's:-

Panasonic TX32PS12C
    Sharp 32JW73H
    Sony KV32LS35S

Any other thoughts or comments on above please guys ?

cheers for your time and input

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic TX32PS12C - not much of an improvement over the original TXPL1/0 series TVs but you'll be charged a fair bit extra for them. Improved styling (to some's tastes at least) but the picture didn't bowl me over.

Sharp - not familiar with it, but generally wouldn't recommend Sharp televisions.

Sony KV32LS35 - nigh on perfect build quality and gorgeous aesthetic appeal but a sticktly limited features count. Pictures are about on-par with the Panasonic but I've read several accounts of a severe haloing effect on this television.

I've found the Sony somewhere for £599 if that's cheaper than the prices you've found, can't remember where off the top of my head but I'll post it when I find out if you want.