• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

upgrading satellite dish

S

stevegaro

I currently have a round (older) Directv dish with dual LNB. There are two coax wires going from the dish to a distribution panel in my garage. The distribution panel has a channel master multiswitch that takes the two feeds from the dish and distributes to 4 receivers. I want to upgrade to an eliptical dish to get local channels and HD. Do I have to run an additional two wires from the distribution panel to the dish (the triple LNB eliptical dish has a built in multiswitch with four output ports.) If I do run two additional wires for a total of four from the dish to the distribution box, what type of multiswitch can I use in the distribution panel in the garage that will amplify the signal, work in tandem with the multiswitch built into the satellite. and pass all the channels to all the receivers? Or do I just jumper the wires in the distribution box to connect the four receivers directly to the four ports on the new dish and not use a second multswitch?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom