1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading rear speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by adox, Nov 5, 2002.

1. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am currently upgrading my speakers on my home cinema system. i am on a small budget. i bought a sony htk 475 receiver and speaker system. although happy with the receiver (str de 475 ) i hate the pascal speakers sa ve 225 (cheapest in range).
    so far i have bought a pair of mission m73 floorstanders and am looking at upgrading my rears next.i`m on a budget of about 200 euro`s( about £120 sterling) any suggestions?
    so far i have looked at eltax bi polars and tannoy mx1 but am unsure. i would prefer a speaker that can take some bass i.e. large speaker on the amp setting,as the sonys redirect the bass to the subwoofer and sound puny.

2. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO the best thing you could do is to keep to the same brand of speakers, therefore the Mission M7DS speakers, would be fine as rears.

You could then get a M7C2 speaker for the centre, as it is supposed to be a lot better than the M7C1 centre

This set-up has been tried and tested by a few of the members on this forum.

3. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the m7ds are a bit out of my price range(nearly 300 euro) at richer sounds dublin, but they do have the mission 77ds for 200 euro which are an older speaker and not bi-polar. are you familiar with them?

thanks for the help

4. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 77DS speakers are supposed to be as good as the M7DS speakers, they are just the older model.

There are a few topics on this already, just do a search for M7DS and 77DS.

I can only give you this information as I have never heard the 77DS speakers, although I have heard the M7DS speakers, and they are very good.