• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrading PC

Tucker123

Standard Member
Not 100% sure if this is in the right place but it seems the best option.

I want to upgrade my PC so that I can connect it to my TV via HDMI, at the moment I connect Via VGA.

Just want to know what upgrades I would need to buy in order to do so and how much It could cost me, not got a specific budget at the moment just want to know how much it may cost me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tucker123

Zarch

Prominent Member
Need far more info than that really.

Whats you current spec? Does the PC have AGP or PCI-e slot? What type of files or HD content are you wanting to display? What is your current graphics card? What outputs does that have? What are doing for sound?

The more info the better really. :smashin:

Tucker123

Standard Member
Need far more info than that really.

Whats you current spec? Does the PC have AGP or PCI-e slot? What type of files or HD content are you wanting to display? What is your current graphics card? What outputs does that have? What are doing for sound?

The more info the better really. :smashin:

PC is a Dell Dimension 9200:

Dual Core Processor 2.13 (I think)
2GB Ram
500GB Hard Drive
256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO Graphics Card (DVI and VGA ouputs)

I'll be wanting to display various file types, mainly Avi's and MP4 and any HD files but so far i've had limited experience with the latter so no little about the different types.

Sound at the moment is through a cheap 2.1 setup but will be upgrading to a 5.1 in the future but that can be connected through optical.

Sorry for the limited info just learnin with all this kind of stuff.

Zarch

Prominent Member
Easy then, just get yourself a DVI to HDMI cable, which will cost you about a fiver.

Let the audio go through the amp and away you go!! :smashin:

That spec of machine should handle ALL HD file types, no probs!!

Tucker123

Standard Member
Easy then, just get yourself a DVI to HDMI cable, which will cost you about a fiver.

Let the audio go through the amp and away you go!! :smashin:

That spec of machine should handle ALL HD file types, no probs!!

Thanks for your help, hope you lot turn Derby over in the cup, I always enjoy an away day to Hillsborough.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom